A fresh coat of paint on brick can upgrade the look on the inside or outside of your home. Did you know that exposed brick experiences wear and tear over time? When this happens, the brick erodes, and its original color can change.
If you are looking to freshen up your home with a new look, Texas Professional Painting is here for you. We know the looks of your home are important and paint can help change its whole appearance. We can also provide you with knowledge about how to keep your brick looking great in the years to come.
Reasons to Paint Your Fireplace Brick
There could be numerous reasons why a homeowner might choose to paint their brick. For instance, if your brick is outdated and you need it to look fresh, Texas Professional Painting can help.
We can have one of our professional painters come out and give you a free estimate on what it may cost for us to help your dreams come true. Fresh paint can make a room look more put together and painting brick is a smart place to start.
Steps to Know Before Painting Brick
Before painting brick, it is important to be prepared to do it properly. After you pick out the paint you want, you will need to follow the guide below.
- Clean the brick well to get debris and dirt off that can be easily piled up on the current brick. You can remove it by scrubbing with a brush and soapy water.
- Lie down tarps on your floor around the painting area to prevent paint from damaging your floors or carpet.
- Apply latex primer to help prevent the paint from peeling off and not sticking to the brick.
- Apply paint using a roller or sprayer, but be sure to coat each piece of brick well!
Once you are finished, let the paint dry before touching it.
Pros and Cons of DIY Fireplace Painting
There are several pros and cons that go along with this particular DIY project.
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Learning experience
- Fresh, new appearance
- Can enhance the look of a room
- Might mess up
- Might paint over dirt
- Might experience trapped moisture
- Learning curve
When To Ask for Professional Painter Help
If you feel like you cannot tackle this task yourself, you can reach out to Texas Professional Painting. One of our skilled painting contractors will provide your home with a professional experience. We are here to help bring your dreams to life by freshening up your space with a new look.
Rely on Texas Professional Painting Today!
If you are a homeowner and want a fresh coat on your brick, call us today to schedule an appointment. We want to make sure that your new paint job will last and help enhance the look of your fireplace inside your home. Overall, you can trust us to help make your home look fresh with each coat of paint.